Effective 13th Feb, 2013
As used in this Policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within India or internationally if any.
Information Collection and Use :
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Website, services, features and content, to administer your use of our offering (together, the "Service") and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Website.
Personally Identifiable Information :
- If you choose to create a Listing or make a booking, you must register via the Website to create an Account. When you (i) register with us through the Website to become a Venue Owner or User, (ii) choose to add information to your profile webpage or (iii) create a Listing, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, company name (if applicable), phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and Venue postal addresses, as applicable. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Services and administer your inquiries.
- You may register to use the Services directly via the Website or by logging into your account via the Website, as described herein. You hereby consent to our access to and collection of such personal information about you.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration, creation of Listings and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Venuepick Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how our Site and Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Venuepick newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. Log Data. When you visit the Website, whether you have registered via the Website as a Venue Owner or User or are a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "Venuepick User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website, pages of our Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the website meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information unless we use it in association with other Personal Information. We may aggregate, analyze and evaluate Log Data for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Emailing Via a Venuepick Account :
As part of the Services, Members and Venue Owners may communicate with each other through the use of their Accounts. Where a Member or Venue Owner has selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from Website to those email addresses on their behalf.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Venuepick. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Account login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Information Sharing and Disclosure :
Members and Venue Owners- If you create a Listing, Venuepick Users will see the content of your Listing and your contact information. You can choose what Personal Information you provide as part of your Listing. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information. As a Member, if you request a Venue Visit, request a Venue Booking Fee quote or make a booking via the Services, we may share your name, phone number and email address with the applicable Venue Owner in order to fulfill your request or booking, as applicable. Bookings- If you make a booking of a Venue via the Services, we will share your Personal Information, including, but not limited to, your name and email address, as well as other information about your booking, (e.g. the number of attendees, the type of event) with the applicable Venue Owner so that such Venue Owner can coordinate the booking with you. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information- We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers :
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processing, web analytics and improvement of the Site's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Venuepick Partners :
We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You can, at any time, opt out of receiving such communications.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement :
Venuepick cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Venuepick or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers :
Venuepick may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information :
All Members and Venue Owners may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Venuepick is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We are not in the business of providing information security. We do employ limited data security measures, such as encryption, on some but not all systems. Do not provide your personal information if you are concerned with its disclosure.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with
- the legitimate needs of law enforcement or
- any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
International Transfer :
Links to Other Sites :
Our website contains links to other websites, online services or applications (each a "Third Party Service"), e.g . :
- There may be advertisements served to you within the Website; or
- You may be brought to the website of our third party payment processors.
If you click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website or online service. The fact that we link to a Third Party Service is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over Third Party Services. Such Third Party Services may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites and online services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other Third Party Services you visit.
Our Policy toward Children :
The Service is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Contacting Us :